Re: devicetree repository separation/migration

I'm not in favor of separating the device tree information from the kernel.

If we switch, then whatever synchronization issues other projects
are having now with synching with the device tree info from the kernel will
just then become the problem of the kernel developers, who will then
have to sync with the device tree info from another repository.  If the
sync issues can't be solved now for them, why or how would it be solved
post-separation for us?  (It sounds like a zero-sum game of pain transfer
to me.)

I'm relatively unfamiliar with the arguments.  Can someone provide
a brief list of reasons this is needed, and how the inconvenience to Linux
kernel developers will be minimized, should it proceed?

Thanks,
 -- Tim

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Breakage due to the move is something we should have to put up
>> with, etc.
>
> Typo. We absolutely must not have breakage due to this move.
>

> -Olof
> --

 -- Tim Bird
Senior Software Engineer, Sony Mobile
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup, Linux Foundation