devicetree describing PCIe endpoint peripherals

Hello all,

I am interested in devicetree overlay support for anything behind a
PCIe MMIO region, for the case of (reconfigurable) FPGAs.

PCIe itself is a discoverable bus, and the BARs are dynamically
mapped, but the endpoint's MMIO regions, could be treated just like a
SoC's peripheral bus.

For this, I would like the Linux device driver to load a devicetree
overlay or subtree, which then triggers further bindings between
further device drivers(*).

Is the right infrastructure  in place already to support this model?
Or is there functionality lacking in the driver model or of_()
functions?

(*) Thinking of it, I am unsure if a platform device suffices here,
because some notition of PCIe specifics might come into play.

For the partially reconfigurable case, devicetree overlays would match.

Regards,

Leon.