Re: as3645a flash userland interface

Hi!

> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:36:28PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > There were some changes to as3645a flash controller. Before we have
> > stable interface we have to keep forever I want to ask:
> >
> > What directory are the flash controls in?
> >
> > /sys/class/leds/led-controller:flash ?
> >
> > Could we arrange for something less generic, like
> >
> > /sys/class/leds/main-camera:flash ?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> The LEDs are called as3645a:flash and as3645a:indicator currently, based on
> the name of the LED controller's device node. There are no patches related
> to this set though; these have already been merged.
>
> The label should be a "human readable string describing the device" (from
> ePAPR, please excuse me for not having a newer spec), and the led common
> bindings define it as:
>
> - label : The label for this LED. If omitted, the label is taken from the node
>           name (excluding the unit address). It has to uniquely identify
>           a device, i.e. no other LED class device can be assigned the same
>           label.

Ok, can we set the label to "main_camera" for N9 and n950 cases?

"as3645a:flash" is really wrong name for a LED. Information that
as3645 is already present elsewhere in /sys. Information where the LED
is and what it does is not.

I'd like to have torch application that just writes
/sys/class/leds/main_camera:white:flash/brightness . It should not
need to know hardware details of differnet phones.

> I don't think that you should be looking to use this to associate it with
> the camera as such. The association information with the sensor is
> available to the kernel but there's no interface that could meaningfully
> expose it to the user right now.

Yeah, I'm not looking for sensor association. I'm looking for
reasonable userland interface.

Thanks,
									Pavel