[0/10] dtc: Assorted parsing and error reporting cleanups

This series consists of a number of small fixes and cleanups, mostly
to error reporting in the lexer and parser.  I hit these as minor
annoyances while experimenting with improved expression and schema
support.

I'm sending these out for some review, before committing them to the
main branch.

These patches are also in the 'errors' branch on the repository - note
that I'm treating that as an experimental branch, and therefore
subject to rebasing at whim.