Device tree meeting notes from last week

Sorry for being rather late on getting these out.

Attendees:
Rob Herring
Mark Rutland
Pavel Moll
Jason Cooper
Tomasz Figa
David Woodhouse

Should the ABI and policy documents be separate?
Jason: happy to have it split up or in a single document.

ePAPR: No Stuart no conversation

Devicetree.org: Should approach Linux Foundation for taking
responsibility of devicetree.org.

ACTION on Grant to follow up with LF

Best Practices document: ACTION on MARK to produce first version next week.

Self Test: Waiting on overlays

Schema validation
Tomasz: Looking at extending DTC to support schema language. Working
on validation part. Expect some RFC in near future (before the end of
the year)

New Business
----------------------------
David: Update on ACPI work.
Grant: Do we want to do exactly the same thing in ACPI that we do in DT?
David: Of the opinion that OS should be in control, if we have to do
it in DT, why wouldn't we do it in ACPI?
Grant: We should push for DT and ACPI bindings to be identical
David: it is going to be hard to depend on firmware to setup the hardware
David: Settled on following vocabulary: Translation is bad.
Transliteration is more what we want. The drivers shouldn't have to
know what it is actually backed onto in the common case
David: Big issue is the plethora of different data types. The bios
authors will always get it wrong. ACPI doesn't have a schema validator
either.