Re: [RFC] i2c: device-tree: Handling child nodes which are not i2c devices

On 04/25/2016 08:51 AM, Jon Hunter wrote:
Hi all,

Any thoughts on this? Let me know if this is not clear in anyway.

I'm not sure if you're expecting comment from me since I suggested option (1) below. For the record though I do think that's the better option; it's very general/explicit, should apply well to any OS environment, and relying on OF_POPULATED implies an order that the driver must initialize things in, so that it ensures OF_POPULATED is set before any I2C children are handled.