[no subject]

0000 if (DPLL Locked) SPDIF_RxClk else extal
0001 if (DPLL Locked) SPDIF_RxClk else spdif_clk
0011 if (DPLL Locked) SPDIF_RxClk else asrc_clk
0100 if (DPLL Locked) SPDIF_Rxclk else esai_hckt
0101 extal_clk
0110 spdif_clk
1000 asrc_clk
1001 esai_hckt
1010 if (DPLL Locked) SPDIF_RxClk else mlb_clk
1011 if (DPLL Locked) SPDIF_RxClk else camp_clk
1100 mkb_clk
1101 camp_clk

To me this looks like the device tree should just contain the list of
unique clock inputs using phandles.
	/* for i.MX6Q: */
	clocks = <&...>;
	clock-names = "xtal", "spdif", "asrc",
	              "spdif_ext", "esai", "mlb";

	/* for i.MX53: */
	clocks = <&...>;
	clock-names = "xtal", "spdif", "asrc",
	              "esai", "mlb", "camp";

The driver could contain this list of named inputs to the multiplexer
and the DPLL locking information for each SoC version. The per-clock
DPLL locking bit shouldn't be in the device tree at all.

> So the name list here basically is not being used to obtain a
> clock like what standardized DT binding does but to provide the
> driver a full list to look up which value should be exactly used
> according to the obtained clock.
>
> I think I should revise the binding doc for these two lists. It
> might be hard to explain within that kinda short paragraph.
>
> Surely, if I misunderstand your point, please correct me. And
> if you have any sage idea, please guide me.

regards
Philipp