RE: Define primary MAC address based on device sticker

[...]

> > aliases {
> >       primary-mac-address = &eth0;
> > };
> >
> > What do you think?
> I think an alias is the right mechanism for this, I don't think
> "primary-mac-address" is a great name for it, but I can't immediately
> think of a better one.

Indeed. I also thought about primary-mac-device, since the alias is actually referring to a device, not an address. However, not the device is primary, but the address.
Correct would be something like bearer-of-primary-mac-address, however, that's terrible.
So, I'm open for suggestions. So far, primary-mac-address has been the best idea I've heard.

If a consensus is found, how would I go on with my proposition?

Best

Adrian Schmutzler