Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Devicetree Workshop at Kernel Summit Prague (26 Oct 2017)

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 01:59:10PM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 12:09:58PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > One meta issue I'm seeing here is that the u-boot people appear to have
> > their own divergent copy of some of the binding documents.

> Putting on my U-Boot hat now, it's mostly unintentional and something in
> general (yes, the initial topic here is not such an example) we try and
> avoid, or use u-boot, as the prefix on as it's something that had been
> previously rejected or deemed inappropriate to be in the upstream
> version of the binding.

Yeah, I didn't get the impression this was at all intentional.
Unfortunately it's a shared property with divergent definitions rather
than something u-boot specific that got added.

> But perhaps it's time to try and force the issue again, given what Rob
> and others have said in other parts of the thread.

Yeah, if DT is going to be cross project we need to do better here.