Re: device tree verification tools

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Frank Rowand <frowand.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/26/16 13:43, Julia Lawall wrote:
>> I saw that there will be a microconference on device trees at Linux
>> Plumbers.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, due to another event
>> at the same time, but I was wondering what is the status of verification
>> tools for device tree specifications?
>>
>> thanks,
>> julia
>>

> Hi Julia,
>
> Grant Likely is breathing new life into the verification effort.

Hey Julia,

The status is: there are no verification tools for dt.  :-)

I'm /hoping/ to fix that. I've started experimenting with a grammar
for DT schema and writing a schema validation tool, but this isn't my
domain of expertise. I could certainly use your insight. You can see
some of what I've been playing with in this git tree:

https://github.com/glikely/dtgendoc

It is little more than prototype code, and nothing has been formalized
yet. I'm open to taking other approaches.

Cheers,
g.