Record of original components for fdtoverlay

Hi.

Sorry for a stupid question.

When you get a DTB by using fdtoverlay, there is no way to
know how it was produced later. Correct?

For instance, this case:

 $ fdtoverlay --input base.dtb ovl.dtbo --output foo.dtb

Once you get foo.dtb, you will never know whether it was
assembled from base.dtb + ovl.dtbo, or it was directly
generated from a single source, foo.dts.

In my understanding, there is no room in DTB to record
such metadata, and it is impossible to disassemble foo.dtb
into the original components, base.dtb and ovl.dtbo.

Please let me confirm that I did not miss anything.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]