Re: dtsget?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 12:33:23PM +0000, Dobrowolski, Lukasz (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have internal use case for an application that similar to fdtget but working directly on dts files.
> Do You see merit in upstreaming such thing?
> Maybe it would be useful in testing?

It would be pretty easy to write a script that runs dtc to compile the
dts, then fdtget to pull out the property you want.

The difficulty with doing something equivalent for dts directly is
that it essentially needs to include the whole dts parser.  That then
needs to be kept in sync with the version in dtc, which is kind of a
pain.

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]