Re: DTC v1.4.6 released

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 02:03:26PM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2018-01-04, David Gibson wrote:
> > Hi everyone.  There have been a number of useful bugfixes added to the
> > dtc tree since v1.4.5, so I decided to tag another release.
>
> Thanks for all the work on dtc!
>

> > The signed tag is in the master git tree at:
> >
> >     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git
>
> I'm not seeing a signed tag for v1.4.6, and it doesn't appear in the web
> interface either:
>
>   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git/refs/tags

Oops, I forgot to push the tag up to the main repo.  Should be fixed
now.

> > Or you can download tarballs from:
> >
> >     https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/utils/dtc/
>
> Fortunately, commit:e54388015af1fb4bf04d0bca99caba1074d9cc42 appears to
> be consistent with the contents of the 1.4.6 tarballs.
>

> On a related note, I was wondering if it would be possible to have the
> compressed tarballs have their own signature:
>
>   https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/utils/dtc/dtc-1.4.6.tar.sign
>
> Only validates against the uncompressed tarball, which makes
> verification of the signature a bit more complicated, having to
> decompresss the tarball before verification.

So, that's not under my control AFAIK - it's handed by the kup scripts
that I use to upload blobs.  It handles the compression for me.

> It also means I can not include the signature file in the Debian
> archive, as the signature needs to verify against the compressed tarball
> in the Debian archive. For this reason especially, it would be nice to
> have dtc-X.Y.Z.tar.xz.sign available as well.
>
> Thanks for considering!
>
> Please CC me in replies; I'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> live well,
>   vagrant

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]