Re: Home Page of dtc is gone?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 01:07:59PM -0700, Frank Rowand wrote:
> On 09/26/16 22:25, David Gibson wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 06:18:07PM +0200, Thomas Huth wrote:
> >>  Hi all,
> >>
> >> according to the README, the home page of dtc is:
> >>  http://devicetree.org/Device_Tree_Compiler
> >> However, when I open that URL in a browser, I only get a 404 error.
> >> Seems like the Wiki that used to be there is gone now and dtc needs a
> >> new home page?
> >
> > Ah.. I'm not really sure who looks after the devicetree.org pages
> > nowadays.  I think it used to be Grant Likely, but I'm not sure if
> > it's still him.
>
> The devicetree.org site has been re-purposed for the process of updating
> the device tree specification (previously known as ePAPR). The old
> contents of the root of devicetree.org has been relocated to
> elinux.org/Device_Tree_Usage
>
> The most recent version of the Device_Tree_Compiler page (according to
> https://web.archive.org/web/20160326052957/http://www.devicetree.org/Device_Tree_Compiler)
> did not have much content. The contents of that page is:
>

>    Device Tree Compiler
>    Current revision (unreviewed)
>
>    The Device Tree Compiler (DTC) is the toolchain for building device tree source files (*.dts)
>    into the binary format (*.dtb).
>
>    libfdt is a BSD-licenses library for manipulating device tree files. Since it is BSD licensed,
>    it may be freely incorporated into other software such as firmware and operating system loaders.
>    libfdt can be found in the dtc git repository.
>
>    Source Code
>
>    Source for dtc and libfdt is maintained in a git repository on git.kernel.org. You can find the
>    repository here:
>
>    https://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/dtc/dtc.git
>
>    Or you can clone it with the following command:
>
>    git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dtc/dtc.git
>

> Most of that information is redundant for README, since README is already in the dtc
> git repo. Maybe the best solution is to remove the link to devicetree.org from
> README.

Yeah, that's probably the best idea in the short term.  Pushed.

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

[Index of Archives]     [Device Tree]     [Device Tree Spec]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]