Re: [ceph-users] v18.2.4 Reef released - blog release note missing issue 61948

Hi Josh,

On 25/07/2024 20:15, Josh Durgin wrote:
The issue was only seen on Ubuntu 18.04, which has a much older kernel (RHEL backports many kernel fixes, the version number doesn't tell you much). Later Ubuntu releases are also unaffected.

That is good to hear, makes it more easy to trust the outcome of our testing.

There will be some people on Ubuntu 18.04 though, since it was an supported option under Pacific. Probably best to have a stock answer ready, since I guess there will be questions asked here when people run into this proper ;-)

I guess we are lucky for now to be in the RHEL-universe.

Thank you for your insights and with kind regards,

Jeroen
Jeroen Roodhart			University of Amsterdam
Strategic IT Consultant		Science faculty
j.r.roodhart@xxxxxx		Researcher's IT support
Tel. +31 20 525 7203            feiog-tech-science@xxxxxx
--
See http://www.uva.nl/profile/j.r.roodhart for openPGP public key