ceph-volume lvm batch support for partitions

Hi All,

I am using openstack's tripleo wallaby version for deployment of my overcloud and using the openstack overcloud ceph deploy command for deploying the ceph cluster.
The Ceph version is Reef release v8.2.2.

My templates/ceph_spec.yaml file contains the following:

data_devices:
  paths:
    - /dev/vdb
    - /dev/vdc
db_devices:
  paths:
    - /dev/vdd1
placement:
  hosts:
  - host1
  - host2
service_id: default_drive_group
service_name: osd.default_drive_group
service_type: osd

During deployment of the ceph cluster I noticed it fails when trying to execute the following command which is executed in a container (as seen in /var/log/ceph/cephadm.log on the storage node):

ceph-volume lvm batch --no-auto /dev/vdb /dev/vdc --db-devices /dev/vdd1 --yes --no-systemd

with the following error:

/bin/podman: stderr ceph-volume lvm batch: error: /dev/vdd1 is a partition, please pass LVs or raw block devices

My questions are:
1) Is it normal that ceph-volume lvm batch doesn't support partitions for block.db ?
2) Is there any way to configure the ceph deployment to use ceph-volume lvm create instead of the batch command? Will ceph-volume lvm create support partitions for block.db ?

Best Regards,
Yonatan