Ceph Leadership Team Meeting Minutes - March 6, 2024

Hi Cephers,

These are the topics covered in today's meeting:

  • Releases
  • Hot fixes Releases
  • 18.2.2
  • [Laura] When/who can upgrade the LRC for this release? (Dan will after we do some last checks today)
  • Gibba has been upgraded with no apparent issues
  • 17.2.8 (on hold based on whether the osdmap fix requirement) - No longer needed
  • Rook requests to include this c-v fix that blocks OSDs in some scenarios (not worthy of its own hotfix, just please include if we do the hotfix)
  • As crc fix is not needed, the Rook request can be included in a regular quincy release
  • Regular releases
  • 18.2.3 - exporter fixes for rook and debian-derived users make this more urgent than quincy
  • Any updates on potentially dropping modules or another fix? Adam?
  • Squid 19.1.0
  • CephFS waiting for 2 feature PR
  • RGW PRs
  • NVMe? To be confirmed with Aviv
  • squid blockers:
  • Squid RCs and community testing
  • Target date March ~20
  • 17.2.9
  • need jammy builds for quincy before a squid release. maybe we can just build them for the 17.2.7 release? (do you mean the 17.2.8 release?)
  • Meeting time - change days to Monday or Thursday? (added by Josh - who has a conflict on Wednesdays now)
  • Thursday has several conflicting community meetings
  • Any objections to Monday at the same time?
  • Note the change to US daylight savings next week
  • Let's do a poll (Doodle)
  • debian-reef_OLD email thread "[ceph-users] debian-reef_OLD?"
  • Fixed by Yuri
  • Sepia Lab:
  • New grafana widget for smithi node utilization:
  • (Basically: unlocked machine * hours / total machine * hours )
  • [Zac] ceph-exporter release notes question from Jan Horacek (from the upstream community)
  • Route to Juanmi Olmo
  • [Zac] - Eugen Block's question about removing sensitive information from ceph-users mailing list
  • No easy way to request/remove sensitive information.
  • [Zac] - Anthony D'Atri submits Index HQ in Toronto as a possible venue for Cephalocon 2024
  • Venue already booked (Patrick)

Kind Regards,

Ernesto Puerta