Re: Multiple Metric Generation Locations in Ceph

This makes sense to me.

On Feb 27, 2024, at 09:45, Ali Maredia <amaredia@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here are ours (Avan, Redouane, and I):
1. We think daemon specific metrics meant for Prometheus should only be emitted from one place, and that place should be the newer ceph-exporter.
2. We discussed having a command you can run on an admin socket that would emit all of the metadata that is currently being sent by the manager module. This way we're not relying on parsing file names anymore.
3. promtheus-mgr module will still exist and will be used to emit cluster wise metrics