Re: Cache Driver's Storage of SAL Object Attributes

thanks Matt,

the d4n filter is currently storing all of the object's xattrs in the
redis directory, so i wasn't sure we needed them in the cache backend
too. it sounds like we don't actually want the directory to store
those

we're trying to decide what representation to use for the redis cache
backend. if we only store data in a redis key, we can use
SETRANGE/GETRANGE to operate on ranges. if we include object
attributes in the same key, i think we have to use key/value
interfaces like HSET/HGET instead. so if the cache needs to do both,
we probably want each object to use a different redis key for its data
and metadata