Re: Insane number of "osd_snap purged_snap" keys in monstore db due to rbd-mirror

On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 9:01 AM Mykola Golub <to.my.trociny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 31, 2023 at 9:50 AM Mykola Golub <to.my.trociny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > So currently I think it happens on snapshot creation, just forgot to revisit my
> > initial assumption what could cause the interruption. Ok, then another suspect
> > could be the rbd_support mgr module.
>
> On the other hand, they have large number of purged_snap keys on both
> the primary
> and the secondary clusters. If it had been due the rbd_support mgr
> module I would
> have expected to see it on the primary cluster only (they do not do
> "two way" mirroring
> as far as I know).

Hi Mykola,

Yeah, rbd_support module is just a fancy way of calling "rbd mirror
image snapshot" command (rbd_mirror_image_create_snapshot API).  There
is nothing in the Python code itself that deals with snap IDs.

Answering your other question: recovering from blocklisting in
rbd_support module is very recent and hasn't been backported even to
pacific [1], let alone octopus which went EOL a year ago.

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/51464

Thanks,

                Ilya