CLT Meeting Notes June 28th, 2023

Reef RC linking failure on Alpine Linux. Do we worry about that?
  1. https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/61718
  2. Nice to fix, but not a requirement
  3. If there are patches available, we should accept them, but probably don't put too much work into it currently
debian bullseye build failure on reef rc:
  1. https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/61845
  2. want to fix before final release
clean-up in AuthMonitor – CephFS and core are fine. Any other component interested in?
  1. https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/52008#issuecomment-1606581139
  2. Already tested for rados and cephfs
  3. No other components requesting testing
Reef rc v18.1.2 in progress
  1. Next rc build in progress
  2. build issue to be looked at
    1. Failure on a jammy arm build, not a platform we test on meaningfully
    2. Think this is an infrastructure issue
    3. Generally, this shouldn't be a release blocker
    4. Priority of arm builds might rise in the future though
    5. investigate today, if we can't figure it out quickly, publish rc with a known issue
    6. NOTE: Rook expects arm builds to be present
  3. Would like to release next rc later this week if things work out
  4. Would also like to upgrade lrc
CDS agenda https://pad.ceph.com/p/cds-squid
  1. leads should add topics
  2. plan is for this to happen week of July 17th
mempool monitoring in teuthology tests https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/51853
  1. Just an FYI
  2. ceph task will now have ability to dump memtools
  3. might add a bit of delay to how long tests take
  4. expected to be merged soon
  5. will follow up in performance meeting
iSCSI packages old/not signed -- want to fix before final release
  1. https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57388
  2. tcmu-runner, since containerization of ceph, is being pulled from our build system
  3. This tcmu-runner package is not signed
  4. ceph-iscsi package is signed, but outdated (seems to be because this is the newest one that is signed and pushed to download.ceph.com)
  5. someone with access to tools to sign the packages would have to help fix this
  6. been like this for a long time and nobody noticed
  7. only ceph-iscsi package, not tcmu-runner, is distributed through download.ceph.com
  8. getting updated ceph-iscsi package on download.ceph.com should be done before reef release
  9. tcmu-runner inside the container being unsigned is not as big of a deal (was this way in quincy/pacific as well)