Re: Relationship between "bucket sync disable/enable" and "sync group create --status=allowed/enabled --bucket=<bucket>"

the 'bucket sync disable/enable' commands were added in
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/15801, and predate the per-bucket
replication feature from https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/31686 by a
couple years. the goal was to deprecate the earlier commands, but it's
still not clear to me that bucket sync policy provides a drop-in
replacement. in the meantime, we've continued to support and test
'bucket sync disable'

Soumya recently fixed a sync policy interaction between the bucket and
zonegroup in https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/49803 that helps with
this, but i still think there are consistency issues around changes to
the sync policy. whereas 'bucket sync enable' automatically triggers a
bucket full sync (by writing datalog entries for each of its index
shards), i don't believe the same happens when a bucket sync policy is
reenabled