Re: Action required: Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your GitHub account by April 1

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 9:26 PM Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On April 1, 2023, the Ceph GitHub organization will start requiring
> two-factor authentication for all accounts (both members and outside
> collaborators).  Any account that doesn't have two-factor
> authentication enabled on that date will be automatically removed from
> the organization.  Disabling two-factor authentication on the account
> after that date would also remove it from the organization.
>
> If you don't have two-factor authentication enabled on your account
> already (some core developers still don't!), follow instructions at [1]
> to set it up.  See [2] for a good explanation of why it matters.
>
> [1] https://docs.github.com/en/authentication/securing-your-account-with-two-factor-authentication-2fa
> [2] https://github.blog/2022-05-04-software-security-starts-with-the-developer-securing-developer-accounts-with-2fa/

A gentle reminder to do this ASAP.  We are delaying pulling the plug
because there is still a number of people and also some bot accounts
that need to be sorted out but this will happen some time in April.

Thanks,

                Ilya