Re: [ceph-users] pg wait too long when osd restart

Hello,

When you say "osd restart", what sort of restart are you referring to
- planned (e.g. for upgrades or maintenance) or unplanned (OSD
hang/crash, host issue, etc.)? If it's the former, then these
parameters shouldn't matter provided that you're running a recent
enough Ceph with default settings - it's supposed to handle planned
restarts with little I/O wait time. There were some issues with this
mechanism before Octopus 15.2.17 / Pacific 16.2.8 that could cause
planned restarts to wait for the read lease timeout in some
circumstances.

Josh