Re: RGW matching guest's stats against bucket owner's when checking quotas

This doesn’t sound right. Would you mind creating a tracker on https://tracker.ceph.com/projects/rgw?

Thank you!

Eric
(he/him)

On Feb 13, 2023, at 11:41 AM, Paolo De Pasquale <paolo.depasquale@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm seeing the following behavior on a Pacific (16.2.9) cluster and wanted to know if it is expected and - eventually - what's the rationale behind it.

- User A owns the bucket X

- User B is allowed to write to X and also owns other buckets on his own

- Both A and B users have bucket and user quotas set

When User B writes in the bucket X, I can see from the logs that:

- Bucket quota is checked matching User A stats against User A limits (...so far so - almost - good, being A the owner of the bucket...)

- User quota is checked matching User B stats against User A limits

Recalling that User B stats are affected by his own buckets, I'm guessing if the last check makes sense.

Thank you.

Paolo De Pasquale