Re: [ceph-users] Re: OSD crash on Onode::put

Hi Frank,

IMO all the below logic is a bit of overkill and no one can provide 100% valid guidance on specific numbers atm. Generally I agree with Dongdong's point that crash is effectively an OSD restart and hence no much sense to perform such a restart manually - well, the rationale might be to do that gracefully and avoid some potential issues though...

Anyway I'd rather recommend to do periodic(!) manual OSD restart e.g. on a daily basis at off-peak hours instead of using tricks with mempool stats analysis..

Thanks,

Igor