Benchmark KStore backend

Hi Ceph Devs,

I want to run ceph on the KStore storage backend.

I realize KStore is an experimental backend, and the current default is bluestore. However, I found work that compared the performance of the 2 backends and I would like to repeat these tests.

  1. The dev deployment instruction https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/dev/dev_cluster_deployment/ explains how to start a development cluster using either the --bluestore or --kstore flags. Would this deployment allow me to run a proper benchmark test?
  2. In CMakeCache.txt I found the parameter WITH_BLUESTORE:BOOL=ON but no equivalent param for KStore. I need to make some minor changes to the code so I need to build the source code and cannot use the packages from the distribution. Do I need to checkout an older version than master to be able to run KStore?
  3. In addition, I would like to run the experiment on our own version of RocksDB. The readme file https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/main/README.md indicates that cmake builds RocksDB from source but allows to opt-in to using a system library (provided it meets the minimum version required by Ceph) WITH_SYSTEM_ROCKSDB:BOOL=ON where can I define the path to the package, or to our RocksDB code?
  4.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eshcar