Re: [ceph-users] Re: quincy v17.2.4 QE Validation status

Hi Yuri,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 8:02 AM Adam King <adking@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> orch suite failures fall under
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/49287
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57290
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57268
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/52321
>
> For rados/cephadm the failures are both
> https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57290
>
> Overall, nothing new/unexpected. orch approved.
>

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 4:03 PM Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Details of this release are summarized here:
> >
> > https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57472#note-1
> > Release Notes - https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/48072
> >
> > Seeking approvals for:
> >
> > rados - Neha, Travis, Ernesto, Adam

We noticed a new failure in your rados run, which did not appear in
your rerun. We decided to investigate further (Thanks Laura for the
extra validation!), and it appears that a recently merged PR
https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47901 is intermittently failing one
of our tests, more details in https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57546.

There is no urgency to ship the PR in this release, so we will revert
it for now and investigate in parallel. The amount of validation
required for the revert PR should be minimal.

All the other failures in your rados runs are known issues.
- https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57346
- https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/44595
- https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57496

Thanks,