ceph.conf

Dear Madam and Sir,

We have an HPC based on Centos 7 and a Ceph Storage Cluster in version 15.2.16 octopus (stable).

The Ceph Storage Cluster provides us with CephFS.

We had mounted CephFS using the Kernel Driver with the noacl attribute, but then realised that we needed ACL for rootless Docker.

By just removing the noacl attribute, CephFS was mounted with ACL and rootless Docker works as expected.

On the cluster, this operation is not handled manually but instead by AutoFS.

Our service provider has added the corresponding entry for AutoFS (noacl removed) but also added the following entries to ceph.conf.

[client]

fuse_default_permission=0

client_acl_type=posix_acl

I was able to mount CephFS with ACL without changing the ceph.conf and when adding noacl to the mount call again, CephFS is mounted without ACL despite the entries in ceph.conf.

So what exactly is the function of these entries?

And one more follow-up question: When and by whom is ceph.conf read in on a client and can the re-reading be triggered manually on the client?

I would be pleased to receive information that clarifies these questions.

Best regards,

Andreas Loreth

--

Andreas Loreth

Institut für Biophysikalische Chemie

Medizinische Hochschule Hannover (MHH)

OE 4350, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, 30625 Hannover, Deutschland

Tel.:  +49 511 532- 8718  Fax.: +49 511 532- 5966

loreth.andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.mhh.de/bpc