Re: Containerized builds

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 7:22:30 PM EDT Zack Cerza wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I just want to insert a plug for this work. It's not quite
> production-ready, but is functional enough to at least pass a single
> cephadm test that uses OSDs. I'm aiming to make it generic enough to
> also be able to build ceph containers, but I haven't begun to tackle
> that yet. Soon - hopefully next week - I'll write up a bit more and
> send it to this list.

Please do. I'd love to help out in that area and I have some ideas about
building as well, but I don't want to step on your toes. Maybe adding a design
doc to the repo would be helpful too?

> Here's the repo: https://github.com/zmc/ceph-devstack

Interesting, I skimmed some of the files in the repo and I'll definitely want to
spend some hands-on time with it next week. In the meantime I hope you don't
mind if I ask a question or two over on that github repo!