Re: Ceph support for GCC 12 (in Debian Unstable)

Thomas Goirand <zigo@xxxxxxxxxx>于2022年7月27日 周三16:22写道:
Hi,

Debian has upgraded to GCC 12 in Unstable. Ceph 16.2.10 is now broken
and cannot build.

Is there any plan to patch Ceph to make it work with this version of
GCC?

hi Thomas,

I think the current main HEAD should compile fine with GCC-12. As I do build main HEAD with GCC-12 on regular basis. If Quincy fails to build with GCC-12, we should fix it. But probably in an adhoc way.

Will this be backported to Pacific, or will this be worked-on only
in master?

as in general, only the changes with backport tracker tickets are tracked and backported systematically.

Those without tracker tickets can also backported if changes are justified. I guess the change to fix the FTBFS of an LTS branch on an unstable distro might be controversial. As some of us might argue, why not package Quincy?

But personally, if some of us volunteer to do this. And the fix is low-risk. I don’t see why we should not accept the changes to fix FTBFS on older but active LTS branches.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)