Re: The xattrs will be lost from the head object in data pool after the file is deleted

On 7/20/22 5:36 AM, Neha Ojha wrote:
Hi Xiubo,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 7:54 AM Xiubo Li <xiubli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Neha,

We were repairing the cephfs metadata by using a alternate metadata pool
[1] and when running the "scan_inodes" stage I found that for some
objects listed in the data pool couldn't find the backtrace info. And
checked more and found that all the xattrs was erased from the head
object after the file was deleted.

Normally if there has no snapshot is created after the file being
created, when deleting the file all the related objects will be removed
from data pool. But before deleting the file if we create a snapshot the
related objects will be kept, but the xattrs will be erased, more detail
please see [2].

Is this a bug ? If not where could we found that xattrs ?

Hi Neha,

I think it would be useful to validate this independent of CephFS.

Till now I never test the snapshot in non-CephFS case yet.

Matan will be working on it, but in parallel, it will be helpful if
you could share your minimal reproducer in the tracker so that we can
run it ourselves to collect the required debug logs.

Yeah, I will try to figure it out to provide how could it work independent the CephFs and will update the tracker later.

Thanks
Xiubo

Thanks,
Neha