Ceph Leadership Team notes 6/1

The CLT met today as usual.

- I asked about merging backports more quickly, after noticing the
number of pending Pacific backports. The main concern was just getting
more integration testing in on backport PRs before we gear up for
releases.
  - Yuri already does them as fast as he can, so any speed benefit
will need to come from developers batching and scheduling test runs.
  - We'll try that on teams which have concerns.

- CDM is today, in about 20 minutes. The agenda is short, but you
should attend! :)

- Cephalocon: A sad update. Registration numbers are too low to
support a conference of the scale we designed Cephalocon at, so the
organizing group is meeting with sponsors and the Linux Foundation
(our parent body) to go over options (co-locating? Ceph Days? Virtual
conference?). This is an industry-wide problem with COVID and budget
constraints, so it's not clear if we can improve things on our end,
but that's being examined as well. Further updates to follow.

- In more cheerful news, 16.2.9 is running great in production
deployments represented in the CLT. :D

- We briefly discussed the docs check and backporting; Zac and David
are looking at disabling the per-PR run and targeting it more
specifically at docs PRs. There should be more changes here since the
existing system predates our readthedocs integration (but apparently
testing with readthedocs is a little more manual, so we're not sure
yet).

-Greg