Ceph Leadership Team meeting notes 2022-05-18

Highlights from this week's CLT meeting

16.2.9, a hotfix release, is being published to address a
regression(https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/55687) that was reported
against 16.2.8. To avoid such issues in the future, we intend to make
the code review process stricter for backport PRs making locking
related changes. We also intend to expedite large scale testing in
teuthology for point releases.

There was some discussion around simplifying multi-mds upgrades, more
discussion to happen in the dev mailing list thread "Alternate
Multi-MDS Upgrade Procedure".

We now have the ability to publish releases using release branches vs
from stable release branches, which simplifies the hotfix process.
This new procedure eliminates the need for us to block merges to
stable branches during point release cycles. 16.2.9 will be released
using this procedure.

The rename of the master branch to main has been delayed due to
upstream lab issues. It is scheduled to happen on May 24.

Thanks,
Neha