From: Anthony D'Atri <anthony.datri@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: April 21, 2022 09:02 PM
To: Tony Liu
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx; dev@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ceph-users] the easiest way to copy image to another cluster

As someone noted, rbd export / import work.  I’ve also used rbd-mirror for capacity management, it works well for moving attached as well as unattached images.  When using rbd-mirror to move 1-2 images at a time, adjustments to default parameters speeds progress substantially.  It’s easy to see when src and dst are synced, then flip primary / secondary, disable mirroring, and rm the src.  I’ve used this technique (via an in-house wrapper service) to move hundreds of images.  It can handle snaps even, with the right execution.