Re: [ceph-users] Re: quincy v17.2.0 QE Validation status

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 12:34 PM Ilya Dryomov <idryomov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 9:04 PM David Galloway <dgallowa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > The LRC is upgraded but the same mgr did crash during the upgrade.  It is running now despite the crash.  Adam suspects it's due to earlier breakage.
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/NWzzsNgk
>
>     src/mgr/DaemonServer.cc: 2946: FAILED
> ceph_assert(pending_service_map.epoch > service_map.epoch)
>
> I don't see any relation between this crash (assert failure) and the
> --pids-limit handling annoyance.  Neha, could you please double check?

I agree, these are not related. This assertion seems to be another
occurrence of https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/51835
(https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/48022 was an earlier fix for this
issue). I don't think this is a regression in Quincy, given some of
the latest telemetry reports in the tracker. Also, the assert seems
transient, and the mgr in the LRC seems to be running fine since then.
Having said that, I will increase the priority of this issue to chase
this bug down, but IMO, it does not qualify as a blocker for Quincy.

David, the release notes PR https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/45048
needs final review/approval, so I'd suggest we finish reviews and the
build today, but do the final release tomorrow. Does that sound
reasonable to you?

Thanks,
Neha