Re: next pacific release

Hey Yuri,

We were hoping to get the following fix merged and backported before
the next pacific release:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/45904

There is a bug in current versions of Pacific that prevents dynamic
RGW bucket resharding from working on versioned buckets [1]. That bug
was fixed and is included in the changes staged for 16.2.8. An upgrade
to 16.2.8 could be painful for some RGW users if the aforementioned
fix isn't included, because dynamic resharding will start working
again, and could create exceptionally large range deletion tombstones.
Without this fix, large range deletion tombstones can have
catastrophic effects on cluster throughput under some workloads.

Is it still possible to include it at this point?

[1] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/51429

Thanks,

Cory