Tentative Date for master Branch Renaming: April 26

Hi all,

In an effort to improve inclusivity, I plan on renaming the master branches for all Ceph git repositories to 'main'

Due to the complexity of our CI and everything that interacts with our GitHub repos, I think this is going to be more of a "prep everything that can be prepped ahead of time, deploy those preparations, rename the branches, then see what's still broken" type of deal.

That said, I'd like to target April 26 as the tentative date to get this change done. This likely means at least a few hours of downtime while I get everything renamed in all the places (e.g., ceph-build.git, ceph-cm-ansible, shaman, chacra, teuthology, etc.)

You can read more about GitHub branch renaming and what you'll need to do on your workstation here: https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/configuring-branches-and-merges-in-your-repository/managing-branches-in-your-repository/renaming-a-branch#updating-a-local-clone-after-a-branch-name-changes

Thanks!
--
David Galloway
Principal Systems Administrator