Re: rgw multisite: revisiting the design of 'async notifications'

agree. if we have the polling time configurable we simplify the overall mechanism and keep test duration at bay.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 12:12 AM Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 3:56 PM Yehuda Sadeh-Weinraub <yehuda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about this use case:
> An rgw multisite test suite that checks that objects have been synced to the remote zone before it can continue to the next test.
> Wanting to reduce latency shouldn't be controversial. Performance is not just bandwidth.

granted, the multisite tests do write objects and then wait for them
to show up on other zones, so they do observe this as actual latency

but what actual use cases look like this? where else does 'replication
time' mean the same thing as 'latency'?

earlier in the thread we talked about making the polling interval
configurable; multisite tests can just set that to 1. that knob might
be good enough for some other use cases too?