Re: rgw multisite: revisiting the design of 'async notifications'

On 22/03/2022, Adam C. Emerson wrote:
> I can imagine a world where if the primary has an idea what the
> secondary's polling period is, and there hasn't been much sync
> activity and the primary knows the secondary won't poll for a while,
> it might be worthwhile to send a single wakeup event when there's new
> data available telling it that there's new stuff in the data log.

Given that in rgw_data_sync we have

#define INCREMENTAL_INTERVAL 20

I'd be extremely skeptical that it's worth it. I might be wrong, but
if we're polling the data log every twenty seconds, I'd be very
surprised if we saw much concrete benefit from sending a wakeup, in
the context of fetching the right log shard them copying the data.