Re: Multisite sync policy configuration - Push and Pull mechanism to achieve bucket to bucket replication not working as expected

Hi,

On 3/18/22 09:41, Shraddha Ghatol wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to achieve bucket to bucket replication using multisite sync policy configuration as per given exaples in ceph documentation.
I tried two scenarios::
Case- 1] Replication of objects from source bucket to target using "push" mechanism given in "EXAMPLE 6: SYNC TO DIFFERENT BUCKET" in https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/radosgw/multisite-sync-policy/ document which did not worked.

Please guide me if I am missing something in case-1 (push mechanism) as its not working as expected.

I think you may need to create sync flow as well (at least at zonegroup level) between the two zones.  You may refer to [1] which has testcases for each of the sync policy cases (worked earlier).

However please note that sync policy haven't been actively used or tested lately and there may be some regression with the latest code. There was already a bug raised regarding the crash  [2] while configuring it.

Thanks,

Soumya

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/38238/files#diff-e5d82dc5683ac20712da752042ac3af452c6ba870db0f6a12b68d1d5a49d6f0aR1887

[2] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/52044