How does RGW Store Abstract Layer support Multisite + Sync Policy?

Hello all,

I have been looking at  RGW SAL and I am particularly interested in multisite and bucket granularity sync policy. It seems that DBStore does not implement RGWZone or sync_policy_handler, wasn't it needed or relevant?

Does SAL implementation cover everything related to zone and sync, and corresponding radosgw-admin operations?

Is there any limitation such as log and metadata log implementation that can make it harder to integrate RGW SAL to another store? Or are multisite and sync policy Rados specific and not planned for other stores?

I understand it is an ongoing effort and I should also go deeper in the code, but I want to make sure that I am not missing anything major at the outset. I appreciate any guidance in integrating RGW with another store for Multisite and Sync Policy.

-Mehmet