cephadm in air gapped environment

I'm trying to install deploy ceph (pacific 16.2.7) in an air gapped environment.  I have a static dump of the basic docker images (saved from an internet facing server) that I import into the air gapped dockerd.  I can bootstrap the cluster successfully using the "--skip-pull" option to "cephadm bootstrap" and the main node seems to come up ok without pulling anything in from outside.

but it's a little short on detail...

When adding additional hosts (osds, etc) using "ceph orch host add ...", they always attempt to call out to the external "quay.io" repository.  I see how to configure the "global container_image" value to point to a local registry, but that only applies to the ceph/ceph image.  I don't see any way to have the other services pull from a local registry since the image names appear to be hardcoded in /usr/sbin/cephadm (see "DEFAULT_**_IMAGE" global variables in the module).

TL/DR - If I'm running a local registry on the main node, how do I make sure that new hosts pull their images from the local registry instead of failing when attempting to get them externally from quay.io?

thanks,
   Wyllys Ingersoll