Re: Benching ceph for high speed RBD

Hey,

To be precise about ceph versions

15.2.14 from http://eu.ceph.com/debian-15.2.14/
15.2.15 from http://eu.ceph.com/debian-15.2.15/
- both of these versions reach
~75k 4k qd4 writes
~650k 4k qd64 reads
re-tested on 15.2.14 vanilla yesterday on a fresh cluster, 1h fio per each test)

15.2.14 (15.2.14-0ubuntu0.20.04.2) from http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/focal-updates/universe
- this one for some reason is special (build options?)
~110k 4k qd4 writes
~750k 4k qd64 reads
also tested on a fresh cluster with 1h fio runs

The PCIe scheduler thing looks very interesting. Although I think the issue is limited in my setup as each container is pinned to the NUMA node where corresponding NVMe is connected. So only the network card might be in a different NUMA.

BR