Re: radosgw-admin tool

Hi,

It's tough to ask one part of RGW (the radosgw-admin) to understand
changes you/your site have made to the rest of radosgw ("we are using
different backend other than rados to store metadata"), without being
similarly modified.

In upstream RGW development, there is work going on to support more
flexibility in how RGW organizes data and metadata.  If you'd like to
share links to your version of radosgw and its metadata changes, we'd
be able to say more about it and perhaps learn something from it.

regards,

Matt

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 8:25 AM Basavaraj Kirunge <kirunge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>     Is there a way to run radosgw-admin tool without ceph monitor service.
>     We are trying to run radosgw-admin tool in a non ceph environment where the monitor is not available and we are using different backend other than rados to store metadata.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> B a s a v a r a j   K i r u n g e

Matt Benjamin