Re: 1 computed checksum doesn't match when building docs

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 12:38 PM John Zachary Dover <zac.dover@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see the following error when I build docs locally:
>
> zdover@zdover-workhorse:~/Documents/ceph$ admin/build-doc
> md5sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
>
> I don't know what this means, but I thought that it would be wise to report it.

it's safe to ignore this warning. it is reported when any of the
admin/*requirements.txt is found changed since your python virtual env
was built using an older version of the requirements.txt files. when
this happens, the build-doc script would recreate the virtual env
which provides the tools and dependencies for building the document.
if the checksum matches, the existing virtual env would be reused for
saving the precious time and bandwidth.

HTH

> Zac Dover
> Docs