Re: GPT partition tables and cephadm

>>> ceph-volume inventory, but rethinking this, I now think this won't be a
>>> good idea as well.
>> I don't think we should hide anything from `ceph-volume inventory`,
>> because IMO that should tell us everything that's physically present,
>> whether or not we're able to use it.
>
> +1

Agreed.
Eg. I’ve experienced a well-known chassis vendor shopping at least one drive per system having existing partitions due to factory processes. Or the wrong drive models.  It’s a good idea to inventory before deployment to ensure that all drives probe, that the vendor didn’t ship the smaller OS drives in the wrong slots (grrrrrrr), etc.