Re: Adding -latomic to cmake

Hi Kefu,

Thanks a lot for your help, that's invaluable!

I've applied the mips 16-byte atomic support patch and I will rebuild
and re-upload to Experimental, let's see how it goes now! :)

On 11/23/21 5:58 PM, kefu chai wrote:
>> As for the mipsel arch, the error is:
>> virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
>>
>> so I'd need to save some memory at build time, somehow. Tips would be
>> appreciated.
>
> hmm, the memory consumption is always an issue. but the "Status" cell
> in the "mipsel" row is not a hyperlink in
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ceph&suite=experimental,
> so i cannot check or at least try to figure out who was using the
> memory at that very moment..

That's because I clicked on the "giveback" link to attempt another
build. Though if you click on the "last log" link on the right you
should be able to see it.

>> For armel, the issue is:
>> /tmp/cc3CvITT.s:2594: Error: selected processor does not support `yield'
>> in ARM mode
>>
>> Does anyone know how to fix that?
>
> it's should be a bug tracked by
> https://github.com/facebook/folly/issues/1159 . could you try to
> upgrade rocksdb submodule which includes the fix to address this
> issue? probably you will have to backport
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/42815 to build with a newer rocksdb.
>
>> Thanks in advance for anyone who will help,
>
> no problem. and thank you!

I don't use git, but the Ceph released tarballs. So I backported the
patch you linked to.

Thanks a lot for your help, let's hope we can also fix the out-of-memory
problem.

Otherwise, do you know if it's possible to only build librbd for those
arch that I'm having problem with? That's indeed the only thing that
would make sense going forward, so that qemu still has librbd to link
with, but we wouldn't support those arch for Ceph. Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)