Ceph leadership team meeting 2021-11-03

Hi everyone,

Here are the highlights from this week's CLT meeting:

Cephalocon CFPs are almost ready to go, Cephalocon 2022 announcements
will be sent very soon (yay!). We also discussed potential conferences
to sponsor, including Scale and SREcon. Ambassador packages [0] have
been sent out to all our Ceph Ambassadors [1]. We brainstormed ideas
to extend the outreach of our intern programs, so as to create a pool
of candidates with Ceph knowledge available for hiring.

We discussed current challenges with cephadm based teuthology tests
and some sporadic "make check" failures. While we are working on
addressing a data corruption bug
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/53062, another BlueStore issue has
been discovered in Pacific (16.2.6) -
https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/53139. We will include fixes for both
issues in 16.2.7. Users should hold off on upgrading to 16.2.6 and
follow these instructions [2], when upgrading to Pacific. We will
discuss ideas to notify users of critical bugs in versions they are
using, at CDM today.

Reminders:

- The first Ceph User + Dev Monthly Meeting is happening in two weeks
from now, find the agenda here [3].
- CDM happening today at 21:00 EDT, agenda [4].

Thanks,
Neha

[0] https://user.fm/files/v2-9e3f08a17a35a3106d9831e7c8477d7f/6814d0c3-dadf-4fb2-9d80-10d2f83aa575.jpg
[1] https://ambassador-page.ceph.io/en/community/ambassadors/