global init, mon config and setuid

there's an rgw bug about mon config no longer working for the
'rgw_frontends' variable at https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/50249

the tracker identifies the regression as an rdma fix from July 2019,
"global/global_init: do first transport connection after setuid()"
from https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/28012. this moves the code to
fetch mon config after the setuid()

rgw starts the http frontends before setuid(), so that it's able to
bind privileged ports like 80/443

so it seems to me that one of 3 things has to give here:
1. ability to store frontend config in mon
2. ability to bind privileged ports
3. rgw support for rdma in AsyncMessenger

currently it's #1 that's broken, meaning that you either have to
override rgw_frontends in a config file, or live with the default
config (port 80, and port 443 if we can fetch the cert/key from the
monitor?)

with respect to #2, the use of privileged ports isn't a big deal if
you have a proxy in front. but rgw has long supported privileged
ports, and this configuration without a proxy is the simplest
standalone deployment possible

support for #3 is the one i'd least like to drop as, unlike #1 and #2,
i don't know of any workaround to get it back

so is the current situation the best we can do? i'd love to hear any
suggestions!